10. Прочитайте текст и выберите правильный ответ после текста.
1) b; 2) a; 3) c;
4) b; 5) с;
6) а; 7) b.
11. Прочитайте текст и ответьте на вопросы.
1) It is important to learn foreign languages because it helps people to exchange information and to develop understanding.
2) English is called a global language and a lingua franca because nearly in all countries of the world people speak it.
3) For Nastya it is fun to communicate with people from different countries; that's why she wants to learn English.
4) When you travel abroad you have to speak English because many people speak it.
5) Yes, people speak English almost everywhere.
6) Nastya sends e-mails twice a week to her international friends.
7) To learn English better Nastya reads a lot, listens to songs in English and watches video-films and satellites TV programmes in English.
15. Дополните текст.
1. Great Britain; 2. Africa; 3. Scotland; 4. Kingdom;
21. В названиях стран используйте, где нужно, артикль the, и запишите официальные языки этих стран.
The USA - English;
Australia — English;
China — Chinese;
the Russian Federation — Russian;
England — English;
Holland - Dutch;
Japan — Japanese;
the United Kingdom — English;
Norway — Norwegian;
Spain — Spanish;
Italy — Italian;
Canada — Canadian;
Germany — German;
Portugal — Portuguese;
Vietnam — Vietnamese.
22. Дополните предложения, используя слова из таблицы, если нужно.
1) of; 2) in; 3) -; 4) with;
5) -; 6) -;
9) like; 10) along; 11) to; 12) from; 13) of.
23. Напишите на английском.
1) to sound beautiful;
2) to speak slowly;
3) to forget the address;
4) to make a speech in the Parliament;
5) to be popular with someone;
6) to wait for the bus;
7) to look fresh;
8) to give smb forget-me-nots;
9) to read the following words;
10) to prefer riding a motocycle / to prefer motocycling;
11) it comes with practice;
12) to grow on trees.
1) a true friend;
2) in other words;
3) modern culture;
4) in the field of science;
5) a probable result;
6) a true picture of life;
7) in fact;
8) a fast train;
9) a great scientist;
10) in the ореn air;
11) a rich vocabulary;
12) scientific instruments.
24. Выберите правильное слово — too или also — и составьте предложение.
1) too; 2) also; 3) also;
4) too; 5) also; 6) also;
7) too; 8) also; 9) too; 10) too.
25. А. Запишите, что они недавно делали.
1) Ann has lately seen a lot of foreign films.
2) Albert has recently read Agatha Christie in the original.
3) The Goodmans have recently moved in a new flat.
4) The Bedes have lately visited London and Paris.
5) Jack and Tom have recently sent e-mails to each other.
6) The sisters have recently finished school.
7)The baby has lately learnt to talk.
8) Laura has lately made progress in English.
В. Напишите, что они сделали впервые.
1) It's the first time Molly has made a cake.
2) It's the first time Robert has written a test with no mistakes.
3) It's the first time Grandma has seen my boyfriend.
4) It's the first time Patrick and Paul have fought.
5) It's the first time Ben has gone on a trip to Europe.
6) It's the first time the puppy has run away.
7) It's the first time our neighbors have invited us to their party.
8) It's the first time John has bought a dictionary.
26. Они только что вернулись из этих стран. Напишите, какие языки они выучили.
1) Sarah has just come from Holland. She has learnt Dutch.
2) William has just come from France. He has learnt French.
3) Natasha has just come from Canada. She has learnt English and French.
4) Andrew and Peter have just come from Japan. They have learnt Japanese.
5) Mark, Olga, Jane have just come from China. They have learnt Chinese there.
6) Hans has just come from the USA. He has learnt English.
7) Mr and Mrs Rogers have just come from Spain. They have learnt Spanish.
27. Напишите, что они еще не сделали.
1) David hasn't gone to bed yet.
2) Sarah hasn't made breakfast yet.
3) The students haven't talked about the new project yet.
4) Kitty hasn't learnt the poem by heart yet.
5) The boys haven't cleaned the room yet.
6) The sisters haven't washed up.
7) Pauline hasn't read the article.
8) The children haven't listened to the song yet.
28. Посмотрите на картинки и запишите, что они уже сделали.
1) Andy has already eaten his lunch.
2) Alice and Liz have already played tennis.
3) The Borisovs have already visited Britain.
4) Tanya and Sveta have already seen the film.
5) Brian has already read a book by Philip Pullman.
29. Составьте из слов предложения.
1) I haven't heard from him lately.
2) We have just come to Moscow.
3) Polly has already done her English.
4) They haven't made their beds yet.
5) This group has just visited the museum.
6) It is the first time we have seen her.
30. Дополните таблицу глаголов.
31. Используйте has или have, чтобы дополнить предложение, запишите.
32. Дополните предложения и запишите их.
1) I have always wanted to become a computer
2) We haven't discussed our future plans yet.
3) For today's English class I have already learned several irregular verbs. I have also studied the new grammar rules.
4) We have just come from a school trip.
5) Have you heard from Masha lately? I have already sent her two e-mails but she hasn't answered them yet.
6) English has lately become a global language.
7) Who has already got a good dictionary at home?
8) Nick's grandmother has never been away from her native town.
9) I have looked this information up on the Internet but haven't found anything interesting yet.
10) They have just passed their exams and feel very tired.
33. Дополните диалоги письменно. Используйте present perfect или past simple.
1) — Have you practised your English today?
— Yes, I have.
— When did you practise it?
— At my first lesson.
2) — Have you already done your homework?
— Yes, we have.
— When did you do your homework?
— Two hours ago.
3) — Have you seen this film?
— Yes, I have. It's a very interesting film.
— When did you see it?
4) — Have you cleaned your room? It is so tidy!
— Naturally, I have.
— When did you do it?
— Right after breakfast.
5) — They have just finished writing their test.
— Oh, have they? And where did they write it?
— At school.
6) - Have they started Unit 2?
— I believe they have.
— When did they start?
— Last Monday.
7) — Have you ever met John's uncle?
— It's a pity, but I have not.
— And why?
— He hasn't come from New Zealand yet.
8) — Have you washed the clothes?
— Of course, I have.
— When did you wash them?
When you were taking the dog out.
34. Мама Энтони Джонсона пришла в школу поговорить с учителем английского своего сына. Дополните вопросы учителя и ответы мамы и запишите их.
1) — Has Anthony ever asked you to help him with his homework?
— No, he hasn't. He never asks me to help him with his homework. He always does it himself.
2) — Has he ever shown you his copy-books?
— Yes, he has. He always shows me his copy-books.
3) — Has he ever told you about his progress at school?
— Yes, he has. He always tells me about it.
4) — Has he ever attended English courses?
— No, he hasn't. He has never attended English courses. He studies English only at school.
5) — Has he ever been to England?
— No, he hasn't. He has never been to England. We don't travel much.
6) — Has he ever invited you to our school concerts?
— Yes, he has. He always invites me to the concerts at school.
35. Дополните и разыграйте диалоги.
1) have had;
2) have put;
3) hasn't invited;
4) have worked;
5) have been;
6) have got.
1) It's the highest hill I have ever climbed.
2) It's the tastiest cake I have ever made.
3) She's the most talented actress I have ever met.
4) It's the most difficult text I have ever read.
5) Jack's pronunciation is the most beautiful I have ever heard.
6) It's the most interesting dance contest I have ever taken part in.
36. Напишите, что вы всегда хотели сделать.
1) I have always wanted to read the book in English.
2) I have always wanted to watch the film you are talking about.
3) I have always wanted to visit France.
4) I have always wanted to see the world.
5) I have always wanted to try Thai food.
6) I have always wanted to do my homework quickly.
7) I have always wanted to grow the flowers.
8) I have always wanted to learn two foreign languages.
38. Напишите свои предложения с данными глаголами и словосочетаниями.
1) My dog has brought a toy in my bed this morning.
2) I have bought a new dress this week.
3) They have built a very large house on our street this year.
4) Children have found a nice place to play this afternoon.
5) Tom has left Moscow this morning.
6) He has broken my heart by his words this afternoon.
7) Our family has chosen the new flat this year.
8) My friend has ridden 20 kilometers this week.
9) The teacher has gone out of the room.
10) This year we have written two important tests.
39. Дополните таблицу.
40. Прочитайте предложения и запишите свою реакцию, показывающую удивление.
1) Fancy that!
2) I am shocked.
3) I am surprised.
4) It's incredible!
5) Is that so?
6) Oh, dear me!
7) Fancy that!
8) You don't say so!
10) Is that so?