4. Работа в парах. Спросите, как долго они этим занимаются. Ваш партнер ответит на вопрос.
1) — How long have Mary and Kate been skiing?
— Mary and Kate have been skiing since noon.
2) — How long have the children been learning English?
— The children have been learning English since last year.
3) — How long has cousin Fred been staying in the sun?
— Cousin Fred has been staying in the sun since morning.
4) — How long have the Robinsons been cooking?
— The Robinsons have been cooking since early morning.
5) — How long has Julia been talking on the phone?
— Julia has been talking on the phone since she came home from school.
6) — How long have the tourists been doing the museum?
— The tourists have been doing the museum since ten in the morning.
7) — How long has Jack been skating?
— Jack has been skating since 4 o'clock.
8) — How long have the parents been shopping?
— The parents have been shopping since 5 p.m.
9) — How long have the teachers been having tea?
— The teachers have been having tea since the end of the lessons.
10) — How long has it been snowing?
— It has been snowing since yesterday evening.
5. Как долго они это делали?
1) Victor has been working for an hour and a half.
2) Robert has been watching TV for two hours and a half.
3) Mr Cook has been fishing for three hours.
4) Jenny has been lying in the sun for half an hour.
5) The boys have been running for half an hour.
6) The Wenders have been driving an hour and a half.
7) The children have been playing for an hour.
8) Jim has been reading for half an hour.
9) I have been waiting for an hour .
6. Найдите соответствия имен животных на английском и русском языках.
1)i; 2) k;
5) h; 6) a;
7) j; 8) е;
9) b; 10) l; 11) f;
8. Скажите, какие животные домашние, какие дикие.
Domestic animals: a sheep, a pig, a rabbit, a horse, a dog.
Wild animals: a deer, a kangaroo, an elephant, a hare, a tiger, a squirrel, a wolf, a monkey, a lion.
11. Дополните предложения и переведите на русский.
1) I have been waiting. — Я жду тебя полтора часа. Почему ты пришел так поздно?
2) has been living.— Дженни живет здесь с 1960. Она всех знает здесь.
3) has been learning. — Питер учит испанский только полгода. Его произношение не очень хорошее.
4) have been building. — Роза и ее муж строят гараж все лето и еще не закончили.
5) have been travelling. — Мои родители путешествуют по США уже 2 недели. Они скоро возвращаются.
6) have been watching. — Дети смотрят телевизор уже полтора часа. Я думаю повести их на прогулку.
7) has been washing up. — Руфь моет посуду с обеда. Все тарелки становятся чистыми.
12. Работа в парах. Дополните вопросы, и пусть ваш партнер на них ответит.
1) How long have you been doing these exercises? I have been doing them for an hour and a half.
2) Since when have you been painting the picture? I have been painting it since autumn.
3) How long has she been waiting for her lunch? She has been waiting for her lunch for half an hour.
4) Since when have they been growing these plants? They have been growing them since May.
5) How long have you been staying in/at this hotel? I have been staying here for 3 days.
13. Напишите на английском.
Half an hour, an hour and a half, half an apple, a banana and a half, a month and a half, two weeks and a half, the first half of the century, three minutes and a half.