3. Сейчас 9 вечера. Скажите, как долго идет дождь / снег в этих городах.
1) It has been snowing in Moscow since 9 a.m. It has been snowing for 12 hours now.
2) It has been raining in Rome since 11 a.m. It has been raining for 10 hours.
3) It has been snowing in Paris since morning. It has been snowing all day (for many hours).
4) It has been raining in Washington, D.C. since 3 p.m. It has been raining for 6 hours.
5) It has been snowing in Saint Petersburg since
4 p.m. It has been snowing for 5 hours now.
6) It has been raining in London since noon. It has been raining for 9 hours.
5. Present perfect или present perfect progressive?
1) has been snowing;
2) haven't seen, have you been doing;
3) have written, haven't got;
4) has been;
5) have met;
6) have missed;
7) have been phoning;
8) have been working, haven't finished;
9) have always wanted;
10) has been ringing.
6. Ответьте на вопросы.
1) I usually make breakfast by myself.
2) I usually do English exercises by myself.
3) I have never driven a car by myself.
4) I don't live all by myself.
5) I didn't learn to read by myself.
6) People sometimes speak to themselves. I never speak to myself. It happens because people want somebody to talk with.
9. Дополните предложения.
2) Happy New Year, mom!
3) All the best!
4) Good luck!
5) — Happy birthday! — Thank you.
6) May all your dreams come true!
11. Напишите на английском.
A. a brave hare, a wonderful insects, a stupid ostrich, a clever monkey, a lazy bear, a white daisy, a big oak, a good squirrel, an evergreen fir (tree), a tall/high pine, a thin birch, blue forget-me-nots, a smal/little nightingale, a wonderful lilac, a bright sunflower, a blue cornflower, a red carnation, a strong elephant, a powerful lion, English oaks.
B. To feed rabbits, to take a picture of a/the giraffe, to see a lion, to meet a hedgehog, to plant a jasmine,
to water yellow narcissuses, to grow pansies, to watch (the) swans.
12. Используйте правильную форму глаголов для дополнения предложений.
1) has been cooking;
2) have never seen;
3) have been learning;
4) have known, came;
5) have you seen, did you see;
6) has been waiting, has she come yet?;
7) have always wanted;
8) has always loved;
9. have the children been sleeping;
10) have you been doing;
11) have had.
13. Художник забыл назвать цветы. Сделайте это за него.