20. Дополните текст предлогами из рамки, если нужно.
21. Дополните таблицу глаголов.
22. Дополните предложения, используя present perfect или present perfect progressive.
1) Have you caught it; I have been looking after it...;
2) I have lost my textbook. I have been looking for it...;
3) She has been growing them...; She has made a wonderful garden.
4) He has been building a nestling box...; Has he finished it?
5) Today she has been singing...; Have you ever been to her concert?
23. Напишите, что они делают с обеда.
1) Granny has been planting flowers in the garden since afternoon.
2) Lizzy and Mary have been doing a project since afternoon.
3) Mr. Green has been washing his car since afternoon.
4) The Browns have been collecting rubbish since afternoon.
5) Clive has been watching a DVD since afternoon.
6) Dave has been playing chess with his brother since afternoon.
7) The Hawkins have been choosing a pet since afternoon.
8) Jane has been learning a poem since afternoon.
24. Выберите слово: since или for.
1) for; 2) since;
6) for; 7) since;
25. Составьте вопросы с этими словами.
1) Has Stephen been playing tennis since morning?
2) Has Jane been swimming for two hours?
3) Have you been reading this book since autumn?
4) Have mum and dad been working in the
garden all day?
5) Has Pete been watering the flowers for three
6) Have Becky and Tom been studying biology all the morning?
26. Дополните предложения правильным возвратным местоимением, где нужно.
27. Дополните предложения, используя present progressive или present perfect progressive.
1) is airing;
2) has been cleaning;
3) have been sunbathing;
4) is building;
5) are watching;
6) has been painting;
7) has been writing;
8) is feeling.
28. Переведите на английский.
1) nightingale's songs;
2) birds' language;
3) to make a noise;
4) a talented imitator;
5) to learn to speak;
6) drawings of plants and animals; 7) a famous children's book;
8) to illustrate books;
9) dandelions and cornflowers;
10) to grow pansies and daises;
11) different species;
12) stories about squirrels and hedgehogs.
1) Common birds of Russia are woodpeckers, crows, ducks, sparrows and swallows.
2) Sally decorated letters to her friends with pictures of flowers.
3) Lions, tigers, wolves are wild animals.
4) The language of birds differs/is different from the language of people.
5) We have much in common with my friend, first of all both of us love nature.
6) The kangaroo and koala live in Australia and they are the symbols of country.
7) There are several species/kinds of bears: a grizzly bear, a brown bear, a polar bear.
8) Crocodiles differ/are different from alligators.
9) You can see many animals from other countries in the Zoo: a giraffe, an elephant, a zebra, monkeys.
10) Most of all I like carnations and roses.
1. The fauna of our planet includes various species of birds, animals and insects.
2. There are a lot of them.
3. Every year the scientists discover new species.
4. Different animals can live in a certain climate and on a certain soil.
5. For example, in a desert, where the soil and air are dry there are not many (few) species of animals.
29. Задайте вопросы по утверждениям.
1) What (kind of insect) have you been watching for an hour?
2) What has Tom been collecting since childhood?
3) Where is Nancy planting flowers?
4) When did Bob and his class go to the Zoo?
5) How long have Liz and Paul been skating?
6) Why are mum and dad watering the flowers?
7) How have the children been singing for half an hour?
8) Who has brought carnations for mother?
30. Напишите короткие письма на следующие темы.
1) Dear ..., Many happy returns of the day!
Best wishes for your birthday! Take care. Your friend, ... .
2) Dear ...!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I wish all your dreams come true! Have a good time! Enjoy the next year! Yours ... .
3) Dear teacher, greetings on Teacher's Day! Best wishes for your Day!
I wish you to stay as kind as you are! Good luck! Sincerily yours ... .
4) Dear Mother, best wishes for your Day! Have a nice day! Enjoy yourself!
I love you! Your son (daughter), ... .
5) Dear ...! Happy Valentine's Day! Have a nice day and enjoy yourself! Wish you luck! I love you!