3. Выберите правильную форму глаголов, чтобы дополнить предложения: past simple или present perfect.
1) What did Nick wear to the party? — I don't know. I haven't seen him then.
2) Look! Bob has drawn a very good picture. I like it.
3) John flew to Paris yesterday.
4) Jane is not in Moscow. She has flown to St. Petersburg.
5) Mrs Stubbs grew beautiful forget-me-nots in her garden last spring.
6) My little granddaughter has grown a big tomato. Would you like to look at it?
7) How long have you been wearing this dress? — I don't remember. I remember that I have been wearing it for years.
8) A cold wind is blowing out in the street. It has been blowing since morning.
9) Have you ever flown a kite?
10) Mr Dixon flew to Canada last week.
11) How quickly these flowers have grown!
12) Look! What animal your cousin has drawn!
5. Скажите то же самое по-другому. Используйте новые слова.
1) John studies geography.
2) The relations between these two countries are very good. / These two countries have very good relations.
3) Ecology is one of the most important sciences nowadays.
4) Nowadays people work a lot on computers.
5) People should think a lot about the environment.
6) Mr Robinson decided to surround the castle with a high wall . / Mr Robinson decided to put a high wall to surround the castle.
7) Why is healthy food so important for children? / Why is it important for children to eat healthy food?
8) What is the population of London?
9) Julia has got a large collection of books at home. / Julia has got a great number of books at home.
10) I'd like to ask you a number of questions. / I would like to ask each of you some questions.
6. Есть слова, которые звучат на всех языках одинаково. Мы называем их «интернациональными». Прочитайте текст и найдите 12 таких слов.
10. Поставьте слова both и all в правильных местах в предложениях.
1) We are all / both ready to help you if you need our help.
2) All people know that they need friends.
3) All / both (the) singers have come to the concert hall.
4) Both (the) brothers enjoy playing tennis.
5) All six chairs should stand around the table.
6) Both (the) friend are from Scotland.
7) Both my parents watch comedies and dramas.
8) We all / both can understand other people's problems.
9) Both chemistry and physics are sciences.
10) All / both (the) the children are playing in the school garden.
11) Both Ann's parents are doctors.