|Главная||Часть 1||Часть 2||Часть 3||Часть 4||Часть 5||Часть 6|
The doctor greeted Richard. The doctor asked what he could do to help Richard. Richard told him that he had a running nose and it hurt to swallow. The doctor said that his cough was not good and asked when he had begun coughing like that. Richard answered that he didn't remember. The doctor wanted to take Richard"s temperature first. The doctor said that Richard had a running temperature. Richard asked what he could take to bring down the temperature. The doctor said that he was going to prescribe some medicine for his temperature and he told Richard to take this medicine three times a day after meals. Richard thanked the doctor and they said good-bye to each other.
5. К доктору Моррисону пришло много пациентов в прошлую пятницу. У них у всех были проблемы. Что рассказал о них доктор?
1) Dr Morrison said Alice had been taking aspirin for three days.
3) Dr Morrison said Bob's leg had been hurting him for a month.
4) Dr Morrison said that Mrs Gatewood had been putting on weight for a year.
5) Dr Morrison said that Mr Williams had been overworking himself for a long time.
6) Dr Morrison said that Mr Sandfrod had been trying to give up smoking for four months.
6. Скажите, какие вопросы задавал пациентам доктор Моррисон.
1) How long have you been coughing?
2) Do you often have headaches?
3) Are you feeling worse?
4) Have you ever had pain in that side before?
5) How long were you keeping to a diet of vegetables and fruit?
6) Why haven't you come earlier?
7) How long have you been overworking yourself?
8) What medicines have you been taking?
9) Who have prescribed these medicines to you?
10) Are the medicines helping?
8. Соотнесите две колонки.
9. А. Прочитайте текст и скажите, какой заголовок лучше подходит.
Sport and People.
В. Посмотрите на картинки и соотнесите их с названиями игр и видами спорта.
С. Прочитайте текст и скажите, каких фактов в нем нет.
2 , 4 , 6.
11. Ответьте на вопросы.
1) Traditional Russian games are football, hockey and tennis.
2) The most popular sports and games are soccer, hockey, figure skating.
3) Uncommon sports are baseball and rugby.
4) Summer sports are water ski, volleyball, soccer, golf and winter sports are hockey, figure skating, ski.
5) I enjoy football and ski most because I like to watch it and to play.
6) I know many football players.
7) The most dangerous sports are boxing, hockey and less dangerous are football and running.
8) I know water ski, volleyball, swimming.
9) In Russian schools teenagers play football, volleyball.
10) It is necessary for teenagers to go in for sports because it is good for their health.
11) Yes, there are enough gyms, stadiums and swimming baths in place where I live.
12) National government can make sports popular by means of TV.
12. Джулия, известная спортсменка, рассказала о себе. Расскажите об этом вашим друзьям.
Julia said that she had always liked sports. She had been skating for about ten years then. She had won some medals and prizes. She said that at that moment she was preparing for something very important. She was going to skate for her town. She said that her friends and she hoped to win again. They had been training for two months very hard. She said that they were in a good form.
13. Напишите на английском.
To have an advantage over your friend, to climb a mountain, to score a goal, to win some points, real excitement, races, my favorite pastime, to thrill, to support each other, difficult races, to race with Ann, to get a real support, a difficult climb.
Unit 5. Keeping Fit