9. Прочитайте тексты и соотнесите их с картинками.
1) с; 2) а; 3) b;
10. Поставьте части текста в логическом порядке.
11. Прочитайте текст и выберите правильный ответ после него.
1) с; 2) b; 3) с;
13. В. Прочитайте текст и ответьте на вопросы.
1) The rules to keep fit are: to laugh, sleep well and have a hobby.
2) People usually laugh when something is funny or pleasant.
3) Laughter is a good exercise because many muscles take part in it.
4) Ancient people said: "Laughter is the best medicine."
5) Laughter helps cure people.
6) People usually need to sleep about eight hours.
7) If you don't sleep for long you can get hallucinations and then a long-lasting depression.
8) Hobbies help us feel sociable, busy, interested and happy.
9) I think hobby is the best way to pass the time.
10) Non-active pastime is boring.
22. А. Представьте, что вы детектив. Вы спрашиваете некоторых людей о загадочном происшествии. Расскажите начальнику, что вы узнали.
1) Janet Peters said it was her bag. She kept everything in it: her credit card, keys, a mobile
and a camera. A man had ridden past her and had snatched her bag. She hadn't seen him well because her eyes were not very good.
2) Ab Harrs, a taxi driver,said that a man had been running to Lake Park with that bag under his arm. But that was not the man we were showing him on the picture.
3) Lu Conrad, a housewife, said her dog had found that man in the bushes in Lake Park. He was in blood. That bag was near him. There was nothing in the bag.
4) Brian Potter, a shop keeper, said that he had heard a terrible falling outside and when he had looked out he had seen only that yellow motorbike, but no rider.
5) Dr Martin said that he couldn't know when that man would be able to talk to the police. He had lost too much blood. He had been in hospital for two days but he was still very weak.
В. Скажите, что соседи Дженет хотели узнать о происшествии.
1) One of them wanted to know who had found the man in the park.
2) One of the neighbours asked if Janet's bag had been with him.
3) One of them asked what Janet usually kept in her bag.
4) They wanted to know where the dog had found the man.
5) They asked who had been running to Lake Park with Janet's bag.
6) One of them asked if she had seen the man before.
7) They wondered how the man was feeling.
8) The neighbours wanted to know if the man would recover soon.
9) A neighbour wondered why Fred had been so slow to call the police.
10) Another neighbour asked if the policeman had questioned the man.
23. Прочитайте 5 частей и соотнесите их с именами людей.
1) to go jogging;
2) medicine for high temperature;
3) to catch a cold;
4) to come down with a cold;
5) hardly ever;
6) to put on weight;
7) to do one's best;
8) to lose weight;
9) to give up a habit;
11) to prescribe medicine for an earache;
12) to cure a patient of his headache;
13) to develop complications;
14) to write out a prescription;
15) to cough badly;
16) to hit badly;
17) to examine a patient;
18) to take one's temperature;
19) to catch a virus;
20) to hurt badly.
1) a match between two teams;
2) to climb a hill;
3) an important competition;
4) a favorite pastime;
5) to join the team;
6) to score a goal;
7) to support a/the team;
8) to compete in a race;
9) to do mountain climbing;
10) to play rugby;
11) to take part in a game;
12) on the football field;
13) the International Olympic Committee;
14) a race for runners of 800 meters.
1) to be at war;
2) to take place in Ancient Greece;
3) every four years;
4) an evening performance;
5) an important event;
6) to start a war;
7) peace on the planet;
8) to become a national hero;
9) a noble battle;
10) a man of the honour;
11) to have an advantage over the/an enemy;
12) to give a thrill;
13) real excitement;
14) to get an advantage;
15) the final score;
16) a strange habit.
1) Where does it hurt?
2) What is the score?
3) It hurts to swallow.
4) No smoking.
5) What is your favorite pastime?
6) Do you have enough money to buy this medicine?
7) This test is difficult enough.
8) Our team has more advantages over their team.
9) Most of all I need your support now.
10) They hardly can win in this war.
30. Семья Диарс вернулась после летних каникул. Напишите, что они сделали к их концу.
1) Mr. Dear had taken over 500 photos by the end of the holidays.
2) The children had gathered a collection of seashells by the end of their holidays.
3) Mrs. Dear had lost some weight by the end of the holidays.
4) Daisy Dear had sunburnt beautifully by the end of the holidays.
5) Bob Dear had learnt diving by the end of the holidays.
6) Lizzy had grown one inch by the end of the
7) Daisy had finished a detective story by the end of the holidays.
8) Bob had written a postcard to his best friend at last by the end of the holidays.
31. Ники не может попасть на соревнование, потому что сломал ногу, и она болит. Напишите, что его друг Джон спросил, когда пришел его навестить
1) John asked Nicky if he had followed all the doctor's recommendations.
2) John asked Nicky if he had taken the medicine his doctor prescribed.
3) John asked Nicky if he had given his leg enough exercise.
4) John asked Nicky if he had walked with a walking stick.
5) John asked Nick if he had given enough rest to his leg.
6) John asked Nick if he had kept to the diet his doctor recommended.
7) John asked Nick if he had eaten enough dairy products and fish.
8) John asked Nick if he had spoken to the doctor about the pain in the leg.
32. Учитель физкультуры сказал ученикам разогреваться и ушел. Напишите, что делали недисциплинированные ученики, пока он не вернулся.
1) Ann had been making up.
2) Barbara had been showing her birthday photos.
3) Alice and Vicky had been looking at them.
4) David had been relaxing on the mat.
5) Lizzy and Philip had been fighting.
6) Mike and Denis had been racing each other.
7) Nina had been looking for the home-keys in her bag.
8) Paul had been talking over the mobile.
9) Robert had been speaking about the latest part of «The Star Wars».
10) Dan, Nikita and Alex had been listening to him.
11) Rosy had been doing her hair.
33. Дополните таблицу.
34. Past simple или past perfect.
1) had weighted, examined, decided, had come;
2) had come out, shouted;
3) had caught;
4) had eaten, read;
5) had won, became;
6) had, had changed;
7) had died, kept;
8) had examined, wrote;
9) developed, had stopped;
10) had had, scored;
11) put on, had given up;
12) scored, had joined;
13) had swallowed, grew.
35. Выразите то же самое словом enough.
1) Everyone found it natural enough.
2) I didn't make enough money to support my family.
3) Mary gets enough toys to play with.
4) Mason hasn't been training long enough to win the competition.
5) Soon he grew strong enough to help his grandfather in the field.
6) The hotel isn't good enough for the hero of the Olympic Games to stay in.
7) The melody was simple enough to play.
8) The three-year-old child was clever enough to understand.
9) They knew the illness enough to recognize it.
10) They had quite enough medicine to cure the disease.
36. Ответьте на следующие вопросы.
1) Three miles of jogging is not a distance.
2) No, 10 lb of potatoes is not heavy for me to carry.
3) No, I can't drink 2 pt at once.
4) Yes, I can easily eat 10 oz of chocolate for a dessert.
5) It will not be enough.
6) I don't think I can jump further than 5 yards.
7) I weigh about 80 pounds.
8) I am 5 feet and 60 inches high.
37. Дополните текст.
3. had; never had;
5. would say;